Blog Intro

Hello!  To start off, I will share a little bit about me and provide the why to this blog.  My name is Kristee Linebaugh.  I am in the BSN program at UVU, and this is my last semester before graduating.  I couldn’t be more excited!  It has been a rocky road with lots of detours to reach the final stretch of my bachelor’s degree, but it has been well worth it!  I graduated with my ASN back in April 2013.  Initially, I wanted to go right on to get my BSN; however, I actually ended up taking a break.  It took me 5 1/2 years to come back, but I’m glad I finally did!  I ultimately want to go on to become a Nurse Practitioner specializing in Geriatrics and hospice care.

For one of my classes this semester, I have been asked to create a Reflective Journal.  This is meant to be a place where I can reflect on my thoughts/feelings and test myself on how much I actually gained from each lesson.  I have done something like this in the past for one of my classes and found it quite helpful!  I hope I will use this blog effectively and retain more information.  This blog is specifically for the class, Nursing Leadership.  I’m currently a Hospice Nurse Case Manager, and leadership is a necessity!  I’m looking forward to sharing my thoughts and learning more about leadership skills that will benefit me in my nursing career.

Here’s to a great semester with lots of reflective writing! 

Join the Conversation

1 Comment